As a blogger, many of you are curious as to how I can afford to experience luxury hotels, clothing, and beauty products on a semi-regular basis.
Sure, sponsorships play a large role in my ability to travel and work with luxury and designer brands, but the reality is that I still have to remain mindful of my spending on an expat budget! To tell you a bit about the resources I use to help maintain my blogger lifestyle, I wanted to introduce you to a new approach to cash back sites that is a savvy way to get paid to travel and shop (yes, you read that right). Read on to learn more!
Get Paid to Travel and Shop Luxury Brands
Being fiscally responsible isn’t just about frugality. It’s more about smart spending and making smart investments (returns on investments, that is).
I had flirted with a few cash back services in the past — eBates, Swagbucks, and ShopAtHome — but never felt completely comfortable or satisfied with the process or the results. This all changed when I was introduced to Jewel, a new and upscale cash back site that provides access to hundreds of today’s most popular luxury brands. Accor Hotels, Alexis Bittar, Emirates, Kate Spade, and Tory Burch all headline on Jewel’s long and impressive list of participating brands.
How Jewel Works
Jewel provides access to hundreds of luxury and designer brands and products and rewards its customers with up to 15 percent cash-back on *every purchase made*.
Here’s how it works (hint: it’s only takes a literal minute to sign up and is so fun to use!):
- Sign up by providing your email and account password. You will receive a $5 credit upon completion;
- Use the “search for brands” field or the category tabs at the top to find retailers;
- Click the “Get Started” button at the top right corner. This will take you directly to the retailer’s website;
- Complete your purchase in one session without the using gift cards or points (these won’t count towards cash back rewards);
- Watch the cash from your purchases roll into your Jewel account within 72 hours;
- Collect your cash quarterly via PayPal or mailed check.
As with other cash back sites, there are some guidelines which are outlined below:
- At least $15 is required in your Jewel account to start collecting payments (this can easily be done with one purchase);
- Payments can only be collected quarterly, after the minimum threshold is attained($15);
- The percentage of cash back rewards is determined by individual brands. This amount is noted in bold on the front of each retailers profile;
- “Boosts” or bonus cash back rewards are often provided;
- An additional $5 bonus is rewarded for each person who signs up using your referral link (here is mine: http://usejewel.com/z/nBoTbOYh).
In addition to the perks above, sale items are also eligible for cash back rewards (um, hello Kate Spade sale!)
Some of my favorite current cash back opportunities are below:
- Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts (11% cash back plus a 1% boost from Jewel);
- Hilton Hotels (9% cash back plus a 1% boost from Jewel);
- Kate Spade (8% cash back plus a 1% boost from Jewel); and
- Lancome (8% cash back plus a 2.4% boost from Jewel.
Why Shop on UseJewel.com?
To get paid while shopping your favorite luxury travel, designer fashion, and health and beauty brands, Jewel is your one-stop cash back shop. The website is user-friendly, and provides a wide-range of retailers that are rarely found on other cash back sites. So what are you waiting for? Start enjoying a life of luxury and use my Jewel referral link for $5 bonus points after signing up today.
***This post was created in paid sponsorship with Jewel.